This Psychology class will encourage you to be inspired, moved and changed by following a broad, coherent, satisfying and worthwhile course of study and to gain an insight into related sectors, such as science. This Class will encourage you to develop a personal interest in, and enthusiasm for, psychology and prepare you to make informed decisions about further learning opportunities and career choices.
Throughout this class you will be encouraged to:
- Engage in the process of psychological enquiry to develop as effective and independent learners, and as critical and reflective thinkers with enquiring minds
- Develop an awareness of why psychology matters
- Acquire knowledge and understanding of how psychology works and its essential role in society
- Develop an understanding of the relationship between psychology and social, cultural, scientific and contemporary issues and its impact on everyday life
- Develop an understanding of ethical issues in psychology
- Develop an understanding of the contribution of psychology to individual, social and cultural diversity
- Develop a critical approach to scientific evidence and methods.