History is about people’s experiences of life in past times. We study history to learn about: what people did? How they felt? The reasons for their actions? And the results of their actions.
This course looks at how historians approach the study of history and the methods they use to gain the best understanding of people and societies of the past.
This course will allow you to :
- Learn how the past is uncovered in our own times.
- Frame questions and plan investigations.
- Develop skills in gathering and documenting evidence.
- Make judgments about the obvious and underlying messages in sources and the usefulness and reliability of sources.
- Recognize that people can interpret the past in different ways.
- Communicate your understanding of history through a variety of presentations.